African Graduate Fellowships
The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at The American University in Cairo (AUC). Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study; nine credits or as required by the program in any of the graduate programs offered at the AUC.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- African nationals with dual non-African nationality are not eligible
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
The fellowship is awarded for a maximum duration of five semesters and one intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance. For the Counseling Psychology graduate program, the duration may be extended to a maximum of seven semesters.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo campus
- May cover remedial English language requirements
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- Students must maintain a full-time status
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed per university requirements if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties.
- For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here
Deadline: January 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please open this link