Deadline: 1 October 2018
Open to: outstanding researchers from around the world
Fellowship: monthly grant of 2000 EUR, one-time grant of (max) 1000 EUR towards the costs of travel
IIAS invites outstanding scholars to apply for a fellowship at IIAS. Applicants may also apply for an extra two months of research at the Collège d’études mondiales of the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (CEM-FMSH) in Paris, in the framework of an additional combined IIAS/CEM-FMSH fellowship.
IIAS is an institute that actively promotes innovative research and seeks the interconnection between academic disciplines. In doing particularly looking for researchers focusing on the three IIAS clusters ‘Asian Cities‘, ‘Asian Heritages‘ and ‘Global Asia‘. However some positions will be reserved for outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed. Applications that link to more than one field are also welcome.
The position of affiliated fellow is intended for outstanding researchers from around the world, to work on an important aspect of Asian studies research in the social sciences and humanities. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. They welcome researchers who would like to work on a collaborative grant proposal or develop their Ph.D. thesis into a book publication.
- Applicants must have fulfilled all requirements of the Ph.D. If you are a Ph.D. candidate at the time of application, you may also apply, provided that you graduate within 5 months after the application deadline (see below). A letter from your university will be required to confirm your graduation before this date;
- If you are applying for a grant from IIAS to cover your research period in the Netherlands, the fellowship will be tenable for a maximum period of 10 months;
- Support for research (office facilities, library access, networks, etc.) will be provided;
- Affiliated fellows are expected to participate in IIAS events, including the fellow seminars, monthly lunch lectures, and drinks.
If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:
- A monthly grant of EUR 2000;
- Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries;
- A one-time grant of (max) EUR 1000 towards the costs of (international) travel.
Extend your IIAS fellowship with an additional two months of research at the Collège
IIAS #POSTDOCTORAL #FELLOWSHIPS IN #NETHERLANDS IIAS #POSTDOCTORAL #FELLOWSHIPS IN #NETHERLANDS